The Colbeck’s Corner Project is located in Carson & Gray counties in Texas just east of Amarillo. The project features 112 GE L79 MW turbines and now produces enough electricity to power 64,000 homes annually. The project schedule was challenging due to excessive rain as well as a direct hit by a tornado. IEA’s team was able to recover time lost due to these events and finish the project six weeks ahead of schedule.
- Foundation design and installation
- Construction of all access roads
- Modify / Upgrade existing county roads
- Design and build substation
- Installation of collection systems
- Turbine erection
- Site restoration